Daniel Geale

"The Real Deal" vs "The Man"

On the 27th May at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre “The Real Deal” puts his IBO World Middleweight title on the line against “The Man” Anthony Mundine 35(23)-3(1)-0.

What do you think the result will be, another round one KO, or will this one go the distance?

Leave a comment letting us know what you think.

Like this Article? Share it!

29 Comments

1. Mark Redmond April 7, 2009 at 5:13 am

Hi Daniel
    Good luck with the upcoming fight with Mundine, might just be the fight of the year. All the best mate.

2. Benny of Tassie April 9, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Hey Dan best of luck! I hope you give him a whipping! I’m sure you’ll fight a smart fight and catch him out. All of Tassie is behind you mate! Cheers!

3. Corinna Slade April 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Can’t wait, all booked and ready to cheer you on Dan 🙂

4. Muddy from Coffs April 17, 2009 at 12:54 am

Yaama Cuz,

I may be a Choc fan but i hope you guys really turn it on for all of australia.
    This will be the first time 2 Aboriginal guy’s will
    fight for a world title and whoever wins it will be deadly.

good luck Cuz

Believe in your dreaming

5. Sasha(Tasmanian in London) April 21, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Best of Luck Dan, I believe you have the skills, speed and power to beat Mundine. Your determination will shine through. “Here’s hoping for a Knockout” You will have a whole state following you!

6. Paul Loughhead April 28, 2009 at 5:57 am

Hey Gealey,
    don’t know if you remember me it’s pauly from Mooseheads i met you through Mick Niness, I hope you knock Mudine’s head off!!! i’ll be backing you 100% good luck mate give it your best i’m sure you can knock him Out!!!

7. matthew geale April 29, 2009 at 12:38 am

hey daniel
    good luck with the fight you have it won

8. Craig Tobler April 29, 2009 at 4:15 am

Hello Mate,
    From all the guys and girls from the Youngtown Boxing club I would like to wish you the best of luck in what will be the fight of the year.

Cheers
    Craig.

9. Mark Norris May 8, 2009 at 8:57 am

Good luck Daniel. I think a lot of people will be in your corner – me included – tickets booked. People like the quiet achiever you are.

10. captain_yobbo May 10, 2009 at 11:55 pm

good luck I hope you knock him into next week, I reckon you’re a legend!

11. Darren Barnes ( DAZZA) May 11, 2009 at 3:58 am

Dan: Best of luck in your upcoming fight. Hope you knock his block off. We are all behind you. You are the REAL DEAL. Will be watching and chearing, ( but not as loud as browny).

12. jacob hyland May 11, 2009 at 7:05 am

all the best dan hope you give choc a lesson in boxing i’m sure you will, i used to do a bit of boxing at rocherlea under Graeme George and your determenation then was awesome seems like worlds away where your at now all of Tassie are behind you get into him champ!!!!!!

13. cassandra pyke May 11, 2009 at 7:13 am

KICK HIS ARSE BUDDY. WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU. GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG

14. Donny Barr May 14, 2009 at 9:14 am

I have all ready booked my ticket to Germany.Will see you at the media day.Next stop Brisvegas

15. Paul Gallen May 16, 2009 at 5:17 am

Danny, give this bloke a real good show and something he will wake up too the next morning and realise he really isn’t the best! from all the boys out here will be cheering for you!

16. darrell May 25, 2009 at 8:32 am

Danny, have followed your career as best as austar allowed, dont underestimate mundine. you can do it, best of wishes, you dont need luck, you’ve got talent

17. darrell May 25, 2009 at 8:34 am

danny, you dont need luck, you’ve got talent, don’t underestimate mundine

18. Billy bulldog Blair (Perth) May 26, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Danny, you dont win gold at the games for being average at any age or level you win beacuase you are the best! After tomorrow night you can call Brisbane one of your other backyards, it’s your title and your house Danny! Send him back to reality you are the real deal.

19. Mark Hamill May 27, 2009 at 5:12 am

Good luck Danny, butterfly and Bee will certainly fix this bloke.. Hes looking very old and tired, be patient he’ll drop that guard when he’s over confident, then let it rip.

Graham your work has been fantastic to watch over the years and this is only the beginning, Make this giant step and be very PROUD, like the 99% of boxing fans in this country as well as media are wishing you on CHEERS enjoy the moment.
    Mark ‘hammer’ hamill

20. toni from tassie May 27, 2009 at 1:00 pm

well done daniel geale you made everyone in tassie proud… not only did we all know you won the fight you were a great sportsman to take the dirty plays of your apponant mr. mundine…everyone here was on the edge of thier seats and really enjoyed every minute of the fight…well done ….

21. rob from darwin May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm

good on ya mate you were the real winner i watched the fight with about 20 others and you had us all cheering and on the edge of our seats you put mundine back a peg or two …you were robbed keep it up and good luck in the future i will be watching all your fights ..cheers

22. Luke from Bundaberg May 27, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Daniel, mate I am so proud of you! What a fantastic fight. It is a shame you didn’t quite win, but I think it is unfair of anyone to say that you lost the fight, because you didn’t lose, you just didn’t quite win.
    I have been really worried as to who I could get behind in Australian boxing once Green hung up his gloves, but mate you are “The Real Deal”! You are so exciting to watch, I will be keeping an eye on you! Do me a favour and keep fighting quality opponents from all around the world. Don’t be a cat like Mundine, you deserve to be on the world stage. Keep it up boy!

23. Leigh May 28, 2009 at 12:06 am

Danny

Hold your head high and proud mate

Pubs in your home to had to turn people away they were so packed !! Every single person was there for you.

Win or Loose you will always be our Champ

24. Paul May 28, 2009 at 4:52 am

Dan,
    Well done on your fantastic effort last nite, you did Tasmania proud in what will be remembered as on of the most memorable bouts of Australian boxing.
    Congratulations again on doing Tassie proud and I bet “The Man” is sore today!

25. Ryan from Melbourne May 28, 2009 at 4:59 am

Well done Daniel. It was great to see you clearly outclass
    Mundine.
    Dont let the robbery get you down, We saw the fight.

Look forward to your upcoming fights

26. Pete May 28, 2009 at 9:14 am

Mate, the whole of Launceston is proud. In Fact proud isn’t quite strong enough. Well done!!

27. Danielle May 29, 2009 at 2:12 am

Im not much into boxing and I watched your fight solely for the purpose of seeing mundine get his butt kicked, but I have to say that it was a great fight to watch and I think you are a fantastic fighter. Me and the other 1000+ people at the club were all behind you. Looking forward to watching you fight again 🙂

28. Brett May 30, 2009 at 11:24 am

You outboxed him and outclassed him. Even though you were robbed, you walked out like a true champion. Keep going and you’ll have many more championship belts.

29. Mick June 5, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Mate, you not only proved yourself a champion fighter to the public, but you proved yourself an absolute gentleman to the world. Lets hope you get your re-match and shut that bucket mouth of his for good. Damn proud of you old mate!

Leave A Response